In LLWS South Williamsport, Pennsylvania, for one of baseball’s most cherished tournaments, baseball’s future will be on display. The Little League World Series is back and set to be completely unique from previous editions.
The 75th iteration of the championship will take place in 2022. The tournament has increased from the 16-team structure it had for the majority of its existence to one with LLWS 20 teams.
The competition this year
The competition this year is noteworthy for another reason. In 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic forced the cancellation of the tournament, and in 2021, the LLWS featured only American teams. But this year, viewers will be able to witness the emergence of the next generation of young talent from nations all over the world, including, among others, Japan and Mexico.
All of this means that it ought to be an exciting competition. Additionally, with spectators back in the grandstand after missing last year’s events due to COVID-19, Williamsport’s enchantment should be a little more apparent this time around.
What you need to know about the teams competing in the Little League World Series in 2022 is provided below:
Who are the Little League World Series participants?
Finally, the Little League World Series of 2022 has here. Here is a look at each of the 20 teams competing in the illustrious competition—10 from the United States and 10 from other nations.
- Southeast: Nolensville Little League; Nolensville, Tennessee
- New England: Middleborough Little League; Middleborough, Massachusetts
- West: Honolulu Little League; Honolulu, Hawaii
- Northwest: Bonney Lake/Sumner Little League; Bonney Lake, Washington
- Great Lakes: Hagerstown Little League; Hagerstown, Indiana
- Midwest: Davenport Southeast Little League; Davenport, Iowa
- Mountain: Snow Canyon Little League; Santa Clara, Utah
- Metro: Massapequa Coast Little League; Massapequa, New York
- Mid-Atlantic: Hollidaysburg Area Summer Baseball Little League; Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
- Southwest: Pearland Little League; Pearland, Texas
- Latin America: 14 de Septiembre Little League; Managua, Nicaragua
- Caribbean: Pabao Little League; Willemstad, Curacao
- Australia: Brisbane North Little League; Queensland, Australia
- Canada: Little Mountain Little League; Vancouver, British Columbia
- Europe-Africa: Emilia Romagna Little League; Bologna, Italy
- Asia-Pacific: Fu Lin Little League; Taipei City, Chinese Taipei
- Panama: Aguadulce Cabezera Little League; Aguadulce, Panama
- Japan: Takarazuka Little League; Takarazuka, Japan
- Puerto Rico: Guaynabo Baseball Little League; Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
- Mexico: Matamoros Little League; Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico
When the Little League World Series will take place?
Date: 17–28 August
From August 17 through August 28, the Little League World Series is scheduled to take place.
Which channel is broadcast the Little League World Series?
Channels: Longhorn Network, ESPN, and ESPN2.
live streaming: fuboTV and ESPN+
The Little League World Series will air on three different ESPN channels in 2022: ESPN, ESPN2, and Longhorn Network.
With Julie Foudy, Todd Frazier, Tim Kurkjian, Jessica Mendoza, Eduardo Perez, and Karl Ravech among those who will commentate on the action as it happens in Williamsport, The Worldwide Leader in Sports will boast a broadcast team well-versed in baseball, softball, and child sports.
The Little League World Series action will be broadcast on ESPN+ and fuboTV, both of which have free trials available.
Where is the Little League World Series?
Location: Little League Volunteer Stadium and Howard J. Lamade Stadium in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
The Little League World Series is held in two venues. The first is Lamade Stadium, which is the more well-known of the two.
Volunteer Stadium has 5,000 seats available.
The distance between the pitcher’s mound and home plate is 46 feet in both parks, while the distance between the bases is 60 feet. The 225-foot outfield fence surrounds the field.
Who was the last year’s Little League World Series champion?
In the 2021 Little League World Series title game, Taylor North Little League of Michigan triumphed against Hamilton West Side Little League of Ohio.
It was a very different vibe than what is often experienced in Williamsport because there were fewer family members present and only American teams competed in last year’s competition.
The final of the 2019 competition, the last one with international teams, LLWS saw Louisiana defeat Curacao.
Which nation/state has won the most Little League World Series championships?
The Little League World Series has been dominated by Asian nations, with Chinese Taipei holding a record-high 17 victories and Japan coming in second with 11 victories.
California has won seven championships in the sport, the most of any state fielding teams from the LLWS United States.